St. Gerasimos convent is situated at Fragata village at the foot of mount Aenos . It was established in 1560 when He arrived in Omala and rebuilt the church of the Dormition of The Virgin. St. Gerasimos'relics where removed in 1582, on October 20th. and are still kept for blessing of the faithful.
In the area are preserved the two big plane-trees planted by the Saint, the three wells with 37 smaller ones dug by His own hands and two fields that He developed and worked on.
The new magnificent church of the Saint was completed on 19th July 1992.
The Convent celebrates on 16th August (the Dormition of the Saint) and on 23rd August ("nine days" after the Dormition of the Saint),on the 20th and 26th of October (the removal and the granting of the remains of the Holy Relic)